Traci and Stacey have given over 120 free speaking programs in the last decade, in local organizations, clubs, groups and charity events. Although we have 4 didferrent speaking topics, one of the favorites is "Fascinating Jewelry Facts and Fiction."
Have YOU heard that toothpaste is a great way to clean your jewelry?
Well, here are the facts about this very popular myth!
1) Maybe back in the day when toothpaste wasn't much more that baking powder and water, it wouldn't do any HARM at least!
2) However, nowadays tooth "paste" often include tartar control chemicals, teeth whitening chemicals and tooth sensitivity chemicals. It isn't benign anymore.
3) The myth had one important fact, and it's that toothbrushes make a great tool for getting into the nooks and crannies of your jewelry, especially rings.
4) Traditionally jewelers use a solution of half hot water and half sudsy ammonia, soak briefly and then use the toothbrush.
5) Expert's tip: Don't use that same toothbrush for brushing your teeth anymore! :)
Jewelry Experts Tracy & Stacy
Award-winning jewelers (and sisters) Tracy & Stacy have been trusted experts in Central Florida for over 20 years.